Since social media platforms are always fighting for supremacy, it may be quite challenging to locate the most recent information on Google articles.
We did the research for you, which is wonderful news. The most recent statistics from sources like Statista are provided here so you can learn more about the most popular social media sites globally.
We’ll examine the amazing features available on each social networking site, discuss who should (and shouldn’t) use them, and provide advice to help you choose the one that will work best for your company, identity, or blog.
6 Most Popular Social Media Sites in 2022
The biggest social media network in the world is Facebook. But it doesn’t imply this social media network isn’t well-liked in the United States just because more than 90% of its daily active users are outside of North America.
More than half of Americans check Facebook more than once every day, and seven out of ten persons in the country use it to publish postings that include text, images, videos, and GIFs that other users may comment on, share and respond to.
Feature & Functionality Highlights
- With Audience Insights, small businesses can use Facebook’s huge amount of gathered data to reach their ideal audience with Facebook ads.
- Facebook 360 lets businesses upload photos in a panoramic style from a smartphone, giving their followers immersive, interactive experiences.
- Influencers can connect with their audience in a more interactive way through Facebook Live.
Who Needs to Use Facebook?
Facebook is used by almost everyone, and it is the most popular social media site for seniors, a group that is getting bigger and bigger on the site.
Who isn’t a good fit for Facebook?
Even though Facebook is the most popular social media site, if you work in a field that makes people sad or angry, your message may not be well received on Facebook.
YouTube is the most popular way to share videos on social networks. Users can post music videos, TV shows, vlogs, educational content, live streams, movie trailers, and more, comment on them, and vote for or against them.
They can also add videos to playlists and subscribe to the channels of other users. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, so SEO is an important thing for content creators to think about.
Features that stand out
- YouTube Cards make links to other videos and playlists look better and make your content more interactive. They can show up whenever you want in your video.
- With YouTube Live, you can stand out by giving your audience an interesting experience.
- Once a channel has 1,000 followers, it can use the Community tab to share text, images, GIFs, live videos, and more with its audience.
Who Needs to Use Youtube?
This popular social media site has helped a lot of businesses reach out to new customers. Here are 50 ideas for content that any business can use to get going.
Who isn’t a good fit for Youtube?
Every minute, more than 500 hours of video are added to YouTube. If you’re not dedicated to making good content, you won’t get anywhere.
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app, with more monthly active users than Facebook Messenger. Other popular messaging apps include QQ, Telegram, Snapchat, and others (both are owned by Facebook).
With this mobile social media app, users can send text and voice messages and make free voice and video calls. But, unlike the app Viber, users can’t call the numbers of people who don’t have the app.
WhatsApp Business is a separate desktop app that many business owners use to help with customer service.
- Free text, voice, and video messaging around the world (video chat with up to 4 people).
- WhatsApp Business has tools for messaging with customers, such as automated greeting and “away” messages, the ability to reuse messages for quick replies, labels for organizing contacts and chats, catalogs to show off your products and services, and a profile page with basic business information.
- Spreadsheets, slide shows and other documents up to 100 MB can be easily shared (and it’s free!).
Who Might Want to Use WhatsApp?
Businesses that want to provide quick customer service, like local businesses that offer delivery.
Who isn’t a good fit for WhatsApp?
If you don’t think your customers will use the app, it won’t work because both sides need it to connect.
Messenger, which used to be called Facebook Chat, is a messaging app and platform that works on its own. You don’t need a Facebook account to use this social networking site to talk over text, voice, or video chat. Users can share more than just text messages; they can also send photos, videos, stickers, and other file types.
Messenger was recently redesigned to be lighter and faster. This meant that some features, like chatbots, which had become an important part of how many businesses communicate with their customers, were given less importance.
- US users can connect Messenger to their debit card or PayPal account to send and receive money.
- Sharing your location (like when you check in on Foursquare?) makes it easy for your friends or clients to find you.
- Messenger Rooms is a video chat feature that works like Zoom and lets up to 50 people talk at once.
- Business solutions like tracking purchases, sending out alerts, and putting customers in touch with your customer service staff make it easy to help your customers.
Who Should Use Messenger on Facebook?
Businesses whose customers already use Facebook (and probably Messenger) want to give them an easy way to get in touch with them.
Who doesn’t need to use Facebook Messenger?
People who can’t or won’t answer customer questions within Messenger’s 24-hour time limit (to stop spamming), may want to look for another solution.
WeChat (also called Weixin) is one of China’s most popular social media sites.
This app does a little bit of everything and is owned by Tencent, which also owns QQ and QZone. It is a messaging app, a social media app, and a mobile payment app all in one. Users can also use the platform to play games, shop, and access government services.
Users can also share photos, make video calls, and text, just like with other social media apps. Customers’ information is collected on WeChat in a way that is similar to how Facebook does it.
Things that stand out
- WeChat Pay lets people shop and sends money to each other.
- Automated responses make it easy for customer service to work.
- There is a customer chat history log that makes it easy to look back on conversations with clients.
- Businesses can use WeChat Shop platforms to set up online stores with features like WeChat Pay, collecting phone numbers and addresses, retargeting, and customer service.
- Who Might Want to Use WeChat?
- This all-in-one social media service is worth a look if your audience is in or from China. This includes tourists, students, and people living abroad.
Who Might Want to Use WeChat?
This all-in-one social media service is worth a look if your audience is in or from China. This includes tourists, students, and people living abroad.
Who doesn’t need to use WeChat?
Foreign businesses can’t advertise on WeChat without going through a third-party agency, which is a lot of work unless you really want to reach Chinese people.
Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and short videos. People upload photos and videos and often add filters and other effects to them before sending them to family and friends.
It is owned by Facebook, which gives you a lot of marketing data to help you reach your target audience. Uploading and editing videos are easy with editing apps.
Instagram is a great place to show off your products and tell stories about your business that are based on pictures. Users on this platform are ready to buy, whether it’s e-commerce or personal training.
Things that stand out
- Shoppable Tags let users click on items in images to go straight to a product page where they can buy the item.
- Instagram Stories are short videos that users make and add different effects and enhancements to. They disappear after 24 hours.
- Using Instagram Live is a great way to interact with your audience in real-time.
Who Needs Instagram?
Instagram is a great place for many brands to do well, especially those in the travel, beauty, and fashion industries. The biggest group on Instagram is women under 35 who live in cities and make more than the average income.
Who isn’t a good fit for Instagram?
If you aren’t willing to post unique, high-quality photos and videos on a regular basis, you won’t get much attention. (Thank goodness, there are a lot of great Instagram tools that make it easier to post regularly.)
Leave a Reply